Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2013 Chevy Cruze radio won't unlock

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2017, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Chevy Cruze radio won't unlock

Hello all,

I bought my 2013 Chevy Cruze from Jon Hall dealership in Daytona Beach 2 years ago. It had 16,000 miles and I bought it as a certified Pre-Owned car. My radio/infocenter has gone out a few times briefly since I've owned it but yesterday it went out and stayed off. Today I took to the Jon Hall Chevy Service Department here in Daytona Beach and had them run the diagnostics. They said the radio is Anti-Theft mode but when they tried to unlock it he couldn't. He said it's like the program is just gone. I'm not 100% certain this Tech knows what he is doing but if he does, how could this happen?
It was working fine one moment, not the next. I was out of my car only 10 minutes looking at some Pumpkins.
They said I would have to pay $900 for a new radio and that was the only solution. I called GM afterwards and I'm awaiting a callback but I'm just in shock over this whole thing. My car has less than 35,000 miles on it and I shouldn't have to pay $1000 (add $100 for the diagnostic) because my radio randomly stops working.

Anyone familiar with this problem?
Old October 20th, 2017, 8:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

not sure what the issue is so its hard to comment...the information provided isn't enough to diagnosis this over the internet. they should be able to unlock the radio. if they can't and the radio is a fault...price out an aftermarket radio and chime module. It should be way cheaper