Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2013 Cruze starting issues- Long Crank Time

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2013, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Cruze starting issues- Long Crank Time

This is a video of what my car does.

My 2013 Cruze LT RS has been to the dealership 4 times for the same issue. Sometimes it will not start and have a long crank time to start and then will start on the second try. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 tries but that does not happen very often. I have spoke with GM early response team and I already have spoke with a lawyer to represent me. I would prefer to solve this issue as quick and easy as possible but I am not going to get the run around from GM. I am military and have been home for almost a month on leave but have been at the dealership more than I have been with family or friends. I also have to drive the vehicle 8 hours to my next station with my family. So it would be nice to get this handled promptly.
Anyone else have any idea what they would do for me in this situation? I have had the car for like 30 days and about 15-20 of those days the car has been in the shop. I bought it used with 5900 miles on it. Anyone know of what they would possibly offer me without going through a lawyer? or if a lawyer is my best option? I love the car just cant afford to constantly take it to the dealership and waste my time and gas and pay monthly for a car I do not even get to drive. So I was hoping GM would give me a replacement of the car exact same type and options and everything or buy the car back to get me out of this lemon. Should not be having this many issues with the car that is practically brand new. Thanks everyone!
Old June 26th, 2013, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

It sounds like residual fuel pressure leak down. Did you ever get the problem fixed?
Old June 26th, 2013, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default 6th time

Still not fixed. Tomorrow will be the 6th time in the shop. They just can't figure it out. But I rake it in tomorrow around 10am so we will see after then.
Old September 2nd, 2016, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default Did you figure out what was wrong?

I am having the same issue and don't have a ton of money for diagnosis, did you ever figure out what was wrong with your cruze?
Old February 28th, 2019, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Question

Originally Posted by ickes56
Still not fixed. Tomorrow will be the 6th time in the shop. They just can't figure it out. But I rake it in tomorrow around 10am so we will see after then.

Any fix yet???