Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2014 Chevy Cruze fan stays on check engine light is not on.

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2020, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Chevy Cruze fan stays on check engine light is not on.

Sorry for the long post. Please help. I bought this car hoping I wouldn't have alot of repair costs. I was so wrong. Warranty ran out and I'm nearing 100k miles. I owe way too much on this car so i am stuck. I've had nothing but awful experiences with this car. I noticed a wet spot in my driveway yesterday and again in the parking garage today. The liquid doesn't smell familiar and seems to be clear. I have noticed a burning smell and a medicinal odor on and off for a couple of months. No warning lights on or anything. Tonight the fan was so loud when I put the car in park and turned it off. The fan kept running for at least 10 minutes. The temp gauge shows its cool and again no lights saying something is wrong.
I don't know what to do. I am a single mother and I have to get back and forth to work. I don't know how I can afford another repair on this dang car. I had a 2000 Monte Carlo for years and never had these issues. I loved that car and thought this one would be similar. Please help. Thank you.
Old January 5th, 2020, 6:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

a small puddle of clear water is totally normal. Is it oily or watery? Put a piece of white paper there to make sure it's not some other fluid.

Fan running after ignition off for a little while is also normal. As long as it turns off within 10 mins or so.

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; January 5th, 2020 at 6:06 PM.
Old January 5th, 2020, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found out it is coolant. It is still leaking but I am watching it. A group from a local church is looking at it Tuesday night. Driving it to and from work only for now. I have added coolant and am watching it until Tuesday. Thank you for responding. Relieves some of the anxiety to hear it's normal.
Old February 25th, 2020, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Call gm motors!

Originally Posted by LolaS23
Sorry for the long post. Please help. I bought this car hoping I wouldn't have alot of repair costs. I was so wrong. Warranty ran out and I'm nearing 100k miles. I owe way too much on this car so i am stuck. I've had nothing but awful experiences with this car. I noticed a wet spot in my driveway yesterday and again in the parking garage today. The liquid doesn't smell familiar and seems to be clear. I have noticed a burning smell and a medicinal odor on and off for a couple of months. No warning lights on or anything. Tonight the fan was so loud when I put the car in park and turned it off. The fan kept running for at least 10 minutes. The temp gauge shows its cool and again no lights saying something is wrong.
I don't know what to do. I am a single mother and I have to get back and forth to work. I don't know how I can afford another repair on this dang car. I had a 2000 Monte Carlo for years and never had these issues. I loved that car and thought this one would be similar. Please help. Thank you.
the same thing is happening with me, in my 2014 Chevy Cruze Ltz. Make sure you call gm and make a complaint about this! A month and a half ago, i just had my water pump, water outlet and thermostat changed in my coolant. I am currently at a Chevy dealership getting my reservoir replaced bc that is leaking now. It’s def not an cheap fix, and Chevy will only pay for the pump. This is a common thing to happen in Chevys, and it def needs looked into. It seems to happen a lot more right after the warranty is up, almost like a set up. Gm had told me the more people who call about this, the better the chance they will do a recall.