Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2014 Cruze Engine Runs Rough

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2014, 9:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Cruze Engine Runs Rough

Last November I bought a new Cruze LS with auto and the 1.8L engine. About four months after I bought the car I started it one morning and it ran for about 10 seconds and then quit. It restarted just fine but it has done this about three times. Car ran fine for about first four months after purchase and then started acting up. On the first start of the day (regardless if it is morning/afternoon/evening) the engine runs rough for about 20 seconds and then smooth's out. On occasion, once it is put in gear, it will surge/jerk shortly after the engine smooth's out.

Took it to Chevy dealership in San Antonio today, had tech start and verify the problem and was told that he has seen this in a number of 2014 Cruze's and that GM has not issued a recall or a fix. He believes it is a software/firmware upgrade.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

My question in this post it to the Chevy people that monitor/moderate this forum. Can you tell us if Chevy is aware of this and if so what do they plan to do about it? IF they are not aware of the problem, then they need to be made aware of it and get this fixed.

Ed
Old August 12th, 2014, 1:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by edwarda10pilot
Last November I bought a new Cruze LS with auto and the 1.8L engine. About four months after I bought the car I started it one morning and it ran for about 10 seconds and then quit. It restarted just fine but it has done this about three times. Car ran fine for about first four months after purchase and then started acting up. On the first start of the day (regardless if it is morning/afternoon/evening) the engine runs rough for about 20 seconds and then smooth's out. On occasion, once it is put in gear, it will surge/jerk shortly after the engine smooth's out.

Took it to Chevy dealership in San Antonio today, had tech start and verify the problem and was told that he has seen this in a number of 2014 Cruze's and that GM has not issued a recall or a fix. He believes it is a software/firmware upgrade.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

My question in this post it to the Chevy people that monitor/moderate this forum. Can you tell us if Chevy is aware of this and if so what do they plan to do about it? IF they are not aware of the problem, then they need to be made aware of it and get this fixed.

Ed
Hi Ed,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I apologize that you are experiencing these concerns. Please feel free to send over a private message with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership to reach out to.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 13th, 2014, 7:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patsy:
Thank you very much for the prompt reply, but yesterday I traded the car I on something else

Ed