Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2014 Cruze won't start!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2016, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Cruze won't start!!!

Help!!! 2014 Cruze, won't start. Displays service theft deterrent, service power steering, lower and raise drivers window. Window went about half way down, then stopped. Won't go down or up now.
Old June 7th, 2016, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem

I have the same problem. My touch screen radio went completely black over and over again. I was having the same issues you describes with all kinds of errors popping up and my car wouldn't start. One day, my car just wouldn't start at all. Got it towed to the dealership and they "fixed it". This was in March. Since then, my car has not started 3 times with the error message service theft deterrent system and my radio still cuts out every now and again.
Old June 8th, 2016, 3:59 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rpalmer77
Help!!! 2014 Cruze, won't start. Displays service theft deterrent, service power steering, lower and raise drivers window. Window went about half way down, then stopped. Won't go down or up now.
Originally Posted by Heather Huber
I have the same problem. My touch screen radio went completely black over and over again. I was having the same issues you describes with all kinds of errors popping up and my car wouldn't start. One day, my car just wouldn't start at all. Got it towed to the dealership and they "fixed it". This was in March. Since then, my car has not started 3 times with the error message service theft deterrent system and my radio still cuts out every now and again.
Hi Rpalmer77 and Heather Huber,

We understand how important it is to have a reliable vehicle and can understand how this is frustrating. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We would be happy to offer additional assistance if you decide to continue working with the dealership. If this is something of interest to you, please feel free to send us a private message.

Best,

Cristina
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 15th, 2017, 9:32 PM
Ddo
CF Beginner

Question Jan 2017 - Theft deterrent error/no start 2014 Cruze LTZ

Same problem! I just paid the car off and the warranty is over. I have a few questions for anyone who can answer. 1. How much does this cost to fix? 2. Is Chevy accepting any responsibility for this obvious defect in their product? 3. If not, does anyone know of any legal action that has been or can be taken - class action lawsuit - lemon law - anything? I just paid around $200 to get it towed to the dealer and am waiting for the dealer to open on Monday to look at my car - very fearful of the price and if it'll be fixed! Thanks for any help.
Old January 17th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddo
Same problem! I just paid the car off and the warranty is over. I have a few questions for anyone who can answer. 1. How much does this cost to fix? 2. Is Chevy accepting any responsibility for this obvious defect in their product? 3. If not, does anyone know of any legal action that has been or can be taken - class action lawsuit - lemon law - anything? I just paid around $200 to get it towed to the dealer and am waiting for the dealer to open on Monday to look at my car - very fearful of the price and if it'll be fixed! Thanks for any help.
Hello Ddo,

We're very sorry to hear of this no start concern with your Cruze. To clarify, has it been diagnosed yet? We would be more than happy to look into this further and provide an additional layer of assistance as you work with your dealership. If that is of interest, please send us a private message to get started. Please be advised however, that should you obtain legal counsel, we will not be in a position to further assist.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care