Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Chev Cruze 2011 Loses Power and shuts down

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2022, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chev Cruze 2011 Loses Power and shuts down

Hi All, I have a chev cruze 2011 1.6LS and recently when driving the car will suddenly lose power (almost like the engine is misfiring) and continues to lose power until the engine stops running. All electrics still work and if I try to start the engine the engine turns over but does not start.
After switching the ignition off for approximately 15 minutes and trying to restart the car starts just fine and runs as if nothing was wrong 15 minutes earlier.

I tracked the issue once after a "shutdown" and was able to ride 50 kilometers before the issue happened again on a different day.
Anyone else have the same issue?

Sent to auto electrician and they gave the "computer box" a clean bill of health and only issue they could find was the alternator slightly overcharging. They have replaced the alternator as a result but has not resolved the main issue.
I have also been having intermittent issues with the key to the vehicle where pressing unlock once only opens the main door halfway and to unlock properly I have to press the unlock button again. Also once inserted key into ignition and turned to start and nothing no lights no power just nothing, removed key for a few minutes and then tried again and voila it works again......very strange
There are no indicators coming up on the dashboard either.

Is it possible that the issue could arise from an anti theft system problem or immobilizer error?

Would really love to resolve this issue as it has the mechanics and auto electricians and I stumped!

Looking forward to reading all your responses.

Sean Goldie

Last edited by Witblitz; July 25th, 2022 at 2:20 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some info