Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Chevy Cruze 2011

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2017, 11:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Cruze 2011

Key stuck in the ignition / car stuck in park / drivers side tail light stuck on

My mechanic hooks it up to the machine to see what's missing and they cant find anything. Prior to this I was a overheating signal coming up saying engine was too hot and it was over heating. But the coolant is full and the car wouldn't actually overheat. It would stop within a few seconds of coming on. I am at a loss of what to do with this car, but it's pretty disappointing to have issue after issue with it. I am starting to feel very robbed with this car. I've had it since 2012 and I've had cars that I'd consider a beater or throw away vehicle operate better that this one .
Old May 22nd, 2017, 11:59 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

I had a 2001 Cruze and it did crazy things with the gauges like you describe. Turned out to be the battery. Put in a new battery and everything corrected itself. I am not saying yours is the same, but its worth checking the battery and the cables.