Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Does anyone have a ballpark estimate for bumper repair? (imgs included)

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a ballpark estimate for bumper repair? (imgs included)

Hi guys, so I recently came out to my Cruze after class and it looks like someone scuffed my bumper in the parking lot. There was paint transfer and scuff marks that were able to be removed with a hand polish and buffer; but remnants from the hit and run are still there and I fear I'll have to take it into a shop for professional repair.

Here are some photos of the damage, (scuffing and light scratches) if anyone could tell me what something like this might cost in the realm of repair? I'm really bummed about this and that the person never left a note or anything to go by. The car is practically brand new; 2017 model year.

https://s5.postimg.cc/hyr0e5x87/Screen_Shot_2018-05-02_at_12.01.07_AM.png

https://s5.postimg.cc/v2wkquwzr/Screen_Shot_2018-05-02_at_12.01.28_AM.png

-LS
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:34 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by LS9205
Hi guys, so I recently came out to my Cruze after class and it looks like someone scuffed my bumper in the parking lot. There was paint transfer and scuff marks that were able to be removed with a hand polish and buffer; but remnants from the hit and run are still there and I fear I'll have to take it into a shop for professional repair.

Here are some photos of the damage, (scuffing and light scratches) if anyone could tell me what something like this might cost in the realm of repair? I'm really bummed about this and that the person never left a note or anything to go by. The car is practically brand new; 2017 model year.

https://s5.postimg.cc/hyr0e5x87/Scre...2.01.07_AM.png

https://s5.postimg.cc/v2wkquwzr/Scre...2.01.28_AM.png

-LS
Well, if you have comprehensive insurance it MIGHT cover it. However, many insurance companies will call it a "collision" and wont pay a dime, unless you
have C-C. I am not a body and paint tech, so I cannot help you with that issue..
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:50 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm erring on the side that Insurance won't be able to cover it/preparing for the worst of it with taking the vehicle in and paying out of pocket for repair.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:53 AM
CF Beginner

I have appointments set up for quotes from both the dealership where I purchased the car, and an auto body shop nearby...but was hoping to see if anyone here had any additional advice or a ballpark on cost so I don't go in blind/get ripped off with a steep price tag...unless that's just the reality of it.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:49 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by LS9205
Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm erring on the side that Insurance won't be able to cover it/preparing for the worst of it with taking the vehicle in and paying out of pocket for repair.
Most likely so.

I had some person hit my back-corner panel, with a pickup truck, back in the 90's, leaving a nice deep dent. I was living in an apartment complex at the time, and was in my apt. asleep when this occurred, not in my car. I went to Nationwide for coverage, since I thought it was a comprehensive issue. I was informed that it was a "collision". The woman Nationwide agent had a grin on her face when she told me that, I kid you not. I dumped Nationwide right away, of course

Ended up costing me a good sum of money to have the dent repaired. I figured out which pickup it was in the complex, since it had a white aftermarket towing bumper and left paint transfer. I also checked the height of the bumper to the height of the dent and it matched. Went to small claims court, but got shot down on the proof. No cameras nor witnesses too.