Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

engine coolant fan running high alll the time

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2017, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine coolant fan running high alll the time

I noticed that my engine fan run running high--loud enough such that I could hear it in the cabin. After I parked, I left the car idling... but the fan failed to shutdown.
Old June 12th, 2017, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 2001 Saturn's electric radiator fan will run all the time if the pcm detects a problem with the cooling system or electrical system. any trouble codes? probably the same thing with your car...
Old June 21st, 2017, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Hey, I have a similar issue with my 2012 Cruze. When my car has the fans set on defrost or feet/defrost, the engine fan runs on and off every 10-15 seconds or so. WhirrrRRRRRRrrr..... WhirrrRRRRRRrrr... Repeat until fan settings changed. It's not overheating or anything and if I switch the fans to front only or something it stops.
Old February 1st, 2018, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

This is a common problem....i surmise that if you had the codes checked, you would get P0597/P0598--has everything to do with chevy switching to a thermal housing instead of a simple thermostat. If you look online for that code you will see a lot of chevy's are having problems with this. I'm currently having this problem and "patiently" waiting for some Chevy Rep to actually contact me. I have to pass a emissions test for my Chevy this month, but I can't pass while experiencing these codes.