Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Engine fan won’t shut off

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2017, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine fan won’t shut off

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruz Eco and recently the engine light has come on and the fan won’t shut off. The temp never gets hot and it seems to run fine aside from the loud fan! I’m at 128,000 miles so I don’t think there’s any warranty I qualify for. Anyone have any suggestions to avoid a pricey dealership repair?
Old December 21st, 2017, 2:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Possibly the fan relay contacts are welded together. Unplug it. Turns off, replace the relay
Old February 1st, 2018, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

This is a common problem....i surmise that if you had the codes checked, you would get P0597/P0598--has everything to do with chevy switching to a thermal housing instead of a simple thermostat. If you look online for that code you will see a lot of chevy's are having problems with this. I'm currently having this problem and "patiently" waiting for some Chevy Rep to actually contact me. I have to pass a emissions test for my Chevy this month, but I can't pass while experiencing these codes.
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default reply to fan on. Problem

Originally Posted by Ashlie
I have a 2011 Chevy Cruz Eco and recently the engine light has come on and the fan won’t shut off. The temp never gets hot and it seems to run fine aside from the loud fan! I’m at 128,000 miles so I don’t think there’s any warranty I qualify for. Anyone have any suggestions to avoid a pricey dealership repair?
check th trouble codes and see if they are P0597 or P0598. They both deal with the coolong fan sensor. It goes bad and need to be replaced. Dealer replacement part is half metal and half plastic, you can order a complete replacement from Rock Auto and it cost less than the original part. Also it is a complete metal on metal parts.
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default reply to fan on. Problem

Originally Posted by Ashlie
check th trouble codes and see if they are P0597 or P0598. They both deal with the coolong fan sensor. It goes bad and need to be replaced. Dealer replacement part is half metal and half plastic, you can order a complete replacement from Rock Auto and it cost less than the original part. Also it is a complete metal on metal parts.