Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

If you are satisfied with your Cruze , what year ,engine , and model do you have

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2013, 7:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you are satisfied with your Cruze , what year ,engine , and model do you have

I've owned over 50 Fords since 1966 and obviously like them, but am seriously attracted to the Cruze . I plan on buying a new Focus or Cruze for a daily driver .If it's the Cruze it will probably be an LT-2 automatic. What I'm trying to determine is , have the bugs that were in the 11's and 12's been worked out ? I'm only interested in cars built in North America and turbo charged engines . thanks in advance .
Old February 17th, 2013, 8:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by TCOB
I've owned over 50 Fords since 1966 and obviously like them, but am seriously attracted to the Cruze . I plan on buying a new Focus or Cruze for a daily driver .If it's the Cruze it will probably be an LT-2 automatic. What I'm trying to determine is , have the bugs that were in the 11's and 12's been worked out ? I'm only interested in cars built in North America and turbo charged engines . thanks in advance .

For the best responses and the most responses, I suggest you go to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums This forum is "dead".
Old February 17th, 2013, 9:24 PM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

I have a 2011 Cruze with the turbo charged engine and the 6 speed transmission. So far absolutely no problems. It has 11,000 miles and we have had it for 18 months. Totally satisfied so far.
Old February 18th, 2013, 6:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by oldchevy
I have a 2011 Cruze with the turbo charged engine and the 6 speed transmission. So far absolutely no problems. It has 11,000 miles and we have had it for 18 months. Totally satisfied so far.
You are very lucky my friend. You have no crazy shifting or clunking into gears or hunting for the right gear to shift into? Your car goes EVERY time you step on the gas? It never does NOTHING at times? If that's the case, I say keep your fingers crossed! My Cruze would have been 2 years old on Valentine's Day. I only had 13,300 miles on it when I got rid of it on 1/31 and got a 2013 Buick Verano Turbo. I wish you continued good luck with your car because GM will give you NO help at all because there is NO fix for the 2011 transmission problems. They will just tell you that your car is "operating as designed"!
Old February 18th, 2013, 9:02 PM
CF Monarch

Received 362 Likes on 343 Posts

I have heard all the horror stories from Cruze owners and I do consider myself lucky. I previously had a Trailblazer and that was nothing but trouble.
Old February 19th, 2013, 4:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by oldchevy
I have heard all the horror stories from Cruze owners and I do consider myself lucky. I previously had a Trailblazer and that was nothing but trouble.
I am really THRILLED for you because it is NO FUN when GM will do NOTHING to make it right when they know DAMN WELL there was a problem with the 2011 transmission!

So far my Buick Verano Turbo is AMAZING! I know I will probably NEVER get good gas mileage because it is so much fun to just TOUCH the gas and you are GONE! My fingers are crossed that I have NO problems with this car like it SHOULD be with a new car! For the 39 month lease, the ONLY thing I should need are oil/filter/tire rotations! That's it! That is how it has been with mostly all my former cars over the last 50 years! There were a few lemons in there- 1980 Olds Toronado DIESEL, 1999 Chrysler 300M, the 2011 Chevy Cruze and....that's it! Many of the cars during that 50 year period WERE first year models. I don't believe that first year nonsense.
Old March 1st, 2013, 8:13 PM
CF Active Member

My wife loves her Cruze.

A 2012 LTZ,absolutely no problems and approaching 25K miles,yea she drives a lot.

The new Buick Verano is essentially a "Cruze" as they share the same Delta platform chassis etc.

The Engines are quite different though,Ecotec 2.0,and the gas mileage is very different...around 25 MPG and share the same 6 speed auto.

Of course being a Buick,the available luxury items surpass the Cruze with the base model equaling the LTZ in price,but without leather seating.

I think it's great GM is utilizing their new global platform across different brands to capture more market share.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by 67Motorcat
My wife loves her Cruze.

A 2012 LTZ,absolutely no problems and approaching 25K miles,yea she drives a lot.

The new Buick Verano is essentially a "Cruze" as they share the same Delta platform chassis etc.

The Engines are quite different though,Ecotec 2.0,and the gas mileage is very different...around 25 MPG and share the same 6 speed auto.

Of course being a Buick,the available luxury items surpass the Cruze with the base model equaling the LTZ in price,but without leather seating.

I think it's great GM is utilizing their new global platform across different brands to capture more market share.
While the Verano body may share the same platform as the Cruze, they are WORLD'S apart. They do NOT have the same transmission! Thank God!
Old March 3rd, 2013, 9:08 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by fastdriver
While the Verano body may share the same platform as the Cruze, they are WORLD'S apart. They do NOT have the same transmission! Thank God!
I can completely understand your frustration with your previous Cruze purchase which is certainly the minority considering how many Cruze's are out there on the road with no issues at all.

Also very cool that you seem very satisfied with your new Varano

That being said,We have to realize that the Cruze and Verano are basically the SAME car.Yes they have different engines,but everything else is virtually the same.

This includes the transmission....The Hydra-Matic 6T40-6/6T45-6 was developed as part of the small 6-speed transmission family for global applications and is being produced in the Asia Pacific region(GMADT,Korea and SDM,China) as well as North America(SLP Mexico)

I hate to break the news to you my friend,but this trans is used on all kinds of GM models across the board.

Now the Buick Varano most definably has a different Tune loaded into the TCM to be compatible with the different engine so it may act completely different from the Cruze version and most likely it does.There are also 2 different sets of gear ratios available,but it's the SAME trans.

Just so people reading here understand just how similar the Verano is to the Cruze
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 67Motorcat
I can completely understand your frustration with your previous Cruze purchase which is certainly the minority considering how many Cruze's are out there on the road with no issues at all.

Also very cool that you seem very satisfied with your new Varano

That being said,We have to realize that the Cruze and Verano are basically the SAME car.Yes they have different engines,but everything else is virtually the same.

This includes the transmission....The Hydra-Matic 6T40-6/6T45-6 was developed as part of the small 6-speed transmission family for global applications and is being produced in the Asia Pacific region(GMADT,Korea and SDM,China) as well as North America(SLP Mexico)

I hate to break the news to you my friend,but this trans is used on all kinds of GM models across the board.

Now the Buick Varano most definably has a different Tune loaded into the TCM to be compatible with the different engine so it may act completely different from the Cruze version and most likely it does.There are also 2 different sets of gear ratios available,but it's the SAME trans.

Just so people reading here understand just how similar the Verano is to the Cruze
The problem Cruze was the 2011 model year as far as the transmission! The other problem many are experiencing is the antifreeze smell that covers model years 2011-2013! NO solution for that yet!

When I say the transmission is not the same, I mean it acts NOTHING like the Cruze. You go on to state that it has a different tune, different gear ratios etc. To ME that is NOT the same! The SAME would be EXACTLY the same! So whatever they changed in the 2012-2013 Cruze transmission was DEFINITELY an improvement over the 2011 transmission. For whatever reason, there was NOTHING they could change on the 2011 transmission to FIX it instead of copping out and claiming that it was "operating as designed"!

Quick Reply: If you are satisfied with your Cruze , what year ,engine , and model do you have