Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

If you are satisfied with your Cruze , what year ,engine , and model do you have

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2013, 6:47 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastdriver
The problem Cruze was the 2011 model year as far as the transmission! The other problem many are experiencing is the antifreeze smell that covers model years 2011-2013! NO solution for that yet!

When I say the transmission is not the same, I mean it acts NOTHING like the Cruze. You go on to state that it has a different tune, different gear ratios etc. To ME that is NOT the same! The SAME would be EXACTLY the same! So whatever they changed in the 2012-2013 Cruze transmission was DEFINITELY an improvement over the 2011 transmission. For whatever reason, there was NOTHING they could change on the 2011 transmission to FIX it instead of copping out and claiming that it was "operating as designed"!

It seems I am not going to be able to convince you other wise.

That would be like saying the 480LE transmission in a Silverado and GMC Sierra are not the SAME....I really don't care,You can believe what you want.

Be it known though that the Cruze was GM's top selling Car for 2011 with around 232,000 units that model year and second only to the Silverado as GM's top selling vehicle.

Sorry to hear your Cruze was one of the very few with problems.It is well known that some of the Larger,Better informed Dealerships have had great success uploading revised transmission tunes to cure the 2011 Cruze issues,of course all covered under warranty.

I'm just tired of all the Cruze bashing around here...oh but that's what forums are for rite....nobody goes to Forums when their cars are operating as designed...where are those 232,000 Cruze owners?
Old March 14th, 2013, 4:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 67Motorcat
It seems I am not going to be able to convince you other wise.

That would be like saying the 480LE transmission in a Silverado and GMC Sierra are not the SAME....I really don't care,You can believe what you want.

Be it known though that the Cruze was GM's top selling Car for 2011 with around 232,000 units that model year and second only to the Silverado as GM's top selling vehicle.

Sorry to hear your Cruze was one of the very few with problems.It is well known that some of the Larger,Better informed Dealerships have had great success uploading revised transmission tunes to cure the 2011 Cruze issues,of course all covered under warranty.

I'm just tired of all the Cruze bashing around here...oh but that's what forums are for rite....nobody goes to Forums when their cars are operating as designed...where are those 232,000 Cruze owners?
bullcrap they dont, i have been trying to return my perfectly fine running 1LT Cruze for a few months now and i had no luck with that. the most they would do for me is give me 80% back from what i paid.
Old March 14th, 2013, 7:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

and the bullcrap part was what?
Old March 15th, 2013, 7:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gilligan23421
bullcrap they dont, i have been trying to return my perfectly fine running 1LT Cruze for a few months now and i had no luck with that. the most they would do for me is give me 80% back from what i paid.
Huh??

Is it Bullcrap the dealer doesn't give you retail for your perfectly running Cruze at trade in?

Well...or course not
Old July 20th, 2013, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are very lucky then I have a 2011 Rs model and have had nothing but problems with it and it's only got 28,000 miles on it