Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Key won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2018, 1:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key won't turn off

I have a 2012 Chevy cruze lt. I bought it brand new and make sure to stay on top of all regular maintenance. Recently I had an issue where the radio did not come on, no time display or anything. When I got home, my husband checked the fuses and didn't see any that needed to be replaced. The next time I started my car, it would not shift out of park. I learned how to push the shift override and it moves thru all other gears without issue, even goes into park just fine. But I also encountered the problem of the key only turns back to the "on" position. Luckily it too has an override button. Will not go all the way back or release. No warning lights are displayed either. We also ran an odb scan and no codes were displayed. I'm tired of using a screwdriver to start my car! Please help!!!

Last edited by BoosPrincess; February 21st, 2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: I am not having any battery or starting issues either. My remote starter has stopped working since all this started.