Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Lost communication with EBCM

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2017, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost communication with EBCM

I just had car at dealer and they said they ran a dianostic and got scan code U0100 saying it meant lost communication with the electronic brake control module but everywhere else I have checked says the code for that problem is U021. Which is correct? Also they told me it would cost over $700.00 to replace the control module, that seems very high since the part seems to be about $100.00. The car is a 2013 Chevy Cruze
Old March 7th, 2017, 8:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

no way a ebcm is $100. Never seen an ebcm that cheap. For comparison, the ebcm module and abs pump for my 13 year old grd prix quoted $3000. Add 1 hour programming and 0.5 hour installation.

mitchell parts quotes your module at $444.00 + 1.6 hours for installation and programming. Add your diagnostic charge, government and its pretty close to where your at.

As far as the Undefined codes; I couldn't match either one of the dtc you posted using mitchell prodemand.
Old March 8th, 2017, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the part?
Amazon Amazon
Electronic brake control module? Also, I picked up the car. I declined that they work on anything other than the powertrain issues so they repaired the coolant leak and replaced the camshaft cover and manifold and the stabilitrac light is no longer on. (they said the "scan code 0100 lost communication with electronic brake control module is what caused the stabilitrac to come on). It only came on when we drove the cruze into the repair shop once.
Old March 8th, 2017, 7:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the link does not show a picture or list the model year or vehicle its for...so no way to know.

if the code is not active now; forget about it. If it resets, address it.