Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

The New Cruze Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2017, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy The New Cruze Hatchback

This past year, I was really excited that Chevrolet was finally coming out with a Cruze hatchback and bit the bullet and traded in my 2008 Saturn Aura for a new Chevy Cruze Hatchback LT Manual. I was really excited to have something that was a little easier to put my bike in the back and a manual transmission. Everything was great with the car until I folded the seats down. I heard this constant rattle between 65-75 mph coming from the back. I was like okay, it must be something I put in the back. So the next time I drove the car, I left the seats down with nothing (seriously nothing, I even took charging cables out of my center console) in the rear. The constant rattle was still there. So I pressed on the back interior paneling to find that it was really cheaply mounted then took it to the dealer. Long story short, they had my car for almost a month over three different times. They took a car from the lot out to find that it had the same rattle. Long story short, over the 3 visits, they have replaced my spoiler, two interior panels (both were broken somehow), and added probably 10 pounds of foam rubber tape. After all of this, the rattle went away for 5 miles on my drive home from the dealership and has come back with a vengeance. The rear of my car rattles over bumper driving around town, is present with the seats up between 60-80 mph (only 80 because 10 over speed limit was where I stopped), and still constant with the seat down.

I am just shy of 2700 miles (yes, ONLY 2700 miles) and my 2017 Chevrolet Cruze hatchback is a rattle box. I have filled a complaint with GM almost two weeks ago, but I am getting very little confidence from them that they are working it.

I am not sure what the point of this post is, but I guess I want to warn people, if you want the use the hatchback to its full potential and don't like listen to rattles or having your ears bleed from draining out the rattle with the radio, don't buy a Cruze Hatchback.

Super Buzz Kill!