Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Oil Survey/ Tire warning

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Survey/ Tire warning

I have a 2012 Cruze 1LT 1.4. I had a oil change done and 200 miles later i checked the oil and it was black as ****. I'm thinking the turbo is the cause of this it getting very hot and the oil flowing through it and braking down the oil so What Im going to try to do is run Mobil 1 extended performance 5w30 (Dexos1 Approved) on my next oil change Has anyone elce done this or noticed the Black oil very soon after the oil change i have 5,500 miles on my car

The stock tires on this car is out of spec for the max speed of vehicle the 215/60/16 Firestone fr710 on the Cruze is a s rated tire max speed of 112 and the max speed of the cruze is 118-120 have not tested it on mine yet but i know 3 people that have theese tires need to be a H rated tire to get the best preformance out of this car I dirve a lot of mountain roads and theese tires make this car handle in thees conditions very sloppy I actully got passed up by a GEO Metro 3 cylender because I could ot corner as well it felt like my tires was going to pop off the rims 30 mpg in a 35 mph rated curve
Old May 17th, 2012, 9:58 AM
Former Sponsor

As you mentioned, that engine oil gets black only after 200 miles. So, I think engine might have deposited lots of carbon (i cant say why, might be due to gas/dirt) . As per my opinion , You will have to be worried if oil became very thick. Oil became black because it removes carbon deposits from the engine.
Old May 17th, 2012, 2:54 PM
Site Ambassador

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pure black oil after 200 miles? I'd more suspect you went to an unscrupulous oil change place and didn't really get an oil change.
Old May 17th, 2012, 6:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Nope it was serviced at a dealer. And i check the oil level before i even leave the dealer and at this time it was crystal clean. I noticed now it has a strong gas smell to it the car has about 5,900 miles on it i would not think it would be to dirty inside changed my oil at 1,500 miles and 3,400 miles