Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

Service traction control/ABS lights on and more

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2017, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service stabilitrak/ABS lights on and more

I was in an accident three weeks ago and it wasn't overly bad luckily! The main impact was to the right front (passenger) side. I was able to zip tie the bumper back up and the car drove great, like nothing had happened....No fluids were dumped, no air bags went off and the engine purred like a kitten!

I get a call from the body shop today telling me the service stabilitrak was on. I explained that it hadn't been on when it went to the shop and so he said they would hook up a code reader to see what they could find out. He called me back an hour later and said the code was for the right front speed sensor. He then quickly said "we didn't have to take the wheel off for any of the repairs so I don't know...." To say the least, I'm not thrilled.....

So my wife picked up the car and the first thing I notice is that our SiriusXM antenna is missing... Not sure why that would have had to be removed for front end repairs..... My wife then tells me the car is leaking, so I asked what it was leaking and she said the guy at the shop didn't know but it told her it had "been leaking for a while"..... Is anyone else starting to get a bad feeling here? Oh it gets better, trust me!

I'm a veteran and had to work on Hummers and 5 tons (back in the 90's) so I'm a pretty well versed person on vehicles; I had actually just checked the fluids in the car a few weeks prior to our accident because we were going for a long drive; everything was fine. So we pulled up to our parking spot and I see the puddle so I dip a finger in. It looks clear and has zero smell. I've slipped some cardboard under the car to try to see if I can get the color of the fluid because I'm suspecting it's going to be pink.... It's a fluid that can't be checked any longer and most of us know what pink under the back side of the engine can indicate.....

Of course the body shop is closed now and with the holiday on Monday I won't be chatting with anyone soon. I do have pictures of the car which SHOW the antenna was there and I do know that the right front fender liner was replaced and from the guys description, and the only decent picture I've been able to find online (link at the bottom), the cable for that sensor runs from the tire up through a hole (somewhere) in the fender liner to where it connects on the other end. Now, I know I'm a woman and all but I try to educate myself about things like this. During the fender liner replacement there's probably little chance that the body shop didn't either disconnect the sensor or at the bare minimum bump it.

I would greatly appreciate any input you all would like to offer. I'm going to raise hell with this damn ship but I need some proof like schematics, pictures or something...... I have to have PROOF and I know it; a guy isn't going to want to have this conversation with a woman! Lol Oh, when I find out what color the fluid is, I'll post an update. I'm going to check all of the fluids too but I have to wait for the engine to cool off. I live in Arizona and it was 110 here today so it might be a bit.....

Diagram I found: https://goo.gl/images/GPRtaE

Last edited by Misty Cahal; September 1st, 2017 at 8:50 PM. Reason: Typing correction
Old September 10th, 2017, 6:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep us updated please

{I just bought my first new vehicle (2017 Cruze)
(thanks to my dads help lol)}