No Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Acceleration

I have a 2005 Chevrolet pickup with the popular 5.3. I had to replace the engine and when I got done I had no acceleration. I am not real good on this stuff with computer analyzing....the past couple years I bought a cheap reader and messed around a little. I have been a mechanic in this business for 35 years and used to stay away from this stuff but I have done everything else and got daring but fixing computer controlled vehicles a few years ago was not as complicate as today. I have never seen a vehicle without a throttle cable until now. I have been reading how the TAC system works but it is somewhat complicated. I was going to try a different computer and I ran into the security mode with it. I was told I had to "flash" it. I don't understand it...that's where I lose all reality. From What I can understand it is "relearning" it. I see there is places that can flash it. Can anyone tell me if I can "flash" it or does it need to go to the dealer? This stuff is getting real complicated. Is Chevrolet getting to where everything has to go back to dealer? I checked all the grounds, I know that is real important. If the sensor on the gas petal is changed does the computer need to be flashed? also part of the circuit (TAC) is fuel injector. I guess I am trying to find out if you change anything in the TAC circuit does ECM need to be flashed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am 60 years old and all I have ever owned are Chevrolets. I would rather die than own a ford or Chrysler.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 9:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What was wrong with the original computer? There was no security error and it would start?

What do you mean by no acceleration? You put it in gear and it felt like it would engage and it would go no where? Would it rev like it was in neutral? Or would there be no rpms?