View Poll Results: Has your OnSTar module burnt to a crisp after only 14,000 kilometers on your Chevy?
Has your Onstar Module Burnt to a crisp after only 14,00 kms on your Chevy?
0%
2011 Chevy Aveo Car won't Start fiascos ?
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Please help if possible.. 2011 Chevy Aveo OnStar module fried!!...

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2017, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please help if possible.. 2011 Chevy Aveo OnStar module fried!!...

Dealer claims I need to pay for a new module a $1,400.00 repair (car only has 14, kms on it.. a 2011 Aveo. OnStar came with the car.. I do NOT use it - given OnStar claimed 1 month after I bought the car and tried to use OnStar and have it changed to my name because the dealer failed to do it when I purchased the car etc... that I needed to pay another $400.00 to have the software upgraded - something only Canadian customers were being charged to do by the way. Since I don't need nor want the Onstar features.. I declined - got a pay as you go cell phone for emergencies instead. In any event suddenly my car won't start.. had it towed to the dealer - who after 4 days waiting to get it diagnosed.. they say it's the OnStar module that was totally burnt... and I need it to get my car fixed so it starts. First and foremost I do NOT want OnStar - period... and in spite of the head office GM Rep telling me I do NOT need it - and they can easily fix my car without using the Onstar Module to get it started.. the Service Manager is telling me that that is Not true and that GM Head Office is mistaken. My GM Warranty I also learned a 5Star top of the line Warranty to boot that cost me $2,400.00 for TWO Years... (have had the car a year) .. I suddenly am told does NOT Cover OnStar.... and yet am told they can't repair the car without it!! What happens if that freaking OnStar burns to a crisp again? Please will someone - help. I have seen many examples on YouTube on how to remove/disconnect OnStar and of course they have no problems starting their cars.. I have learned in this past week that this particular GM Dealer has a horrific Service repair reputation.. (Just moved here last year.. from urban million+ City to Rural.. biggest City nearby less than 25,000 and this GM dealer has a total monopoly and they clearly don't give a rats *** about its customers... Like the Service Manager said to me "If you don't like it - go somewhere else.. knowing full well they currently have my car held hostage.. (want to bill me over $700.00 alone.. to freaking diagnose the car !! and then another 400.00 + for the OnStar Module and then another $300.00 to install it!