Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

“No Music Files Found” Error Message in Equinox

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2021, 10:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martrob
Sounds like it worked for everybody’s but mine! I have the 2014 flavor Equinox... I followed all the steps exactly (twice when it didn’t work the first time), and even shut off the car, opened the door (to make the radio turn off), started it again.... and nada. So weird bc this just started happening yesterday - worked perfectly fine up to then (except the annoyance of every time I try to turn up the volume for anything other than the songs on my phone (Audible app, YouTube, etc), it cuts back to the songs on the phone, which also drives me crazy).
you can change the volume using the controls on the steering wheel for now. I have the same problem but will try the Radio reset..Hope it works
Old May 6th, 2022, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fix still works to this day just did it worked great thanks!!!

Originally Posted by Carl K
Hi all! I had this problem as well with my iPhone 7 starting in September. I kept getting that darn “no music files” message when plugged into USB and when not plugged in, I had to keep resetting my Bluetooth connection. I took my 2015 Equinox to my dealership and the tech’s phone worked, so he just shrugged it off. After messing around with it over the past two days (resetting phone, vehicle settings, downloading new songs, etc with no luck) I got my USB and Bluetooth working again by going to Config: Radio Settings: software versions menu: clear and reset radio. After the reset, everything is working again and my radio presets weren’t erased! I hope this helps someone. Cheers!
amazing fix!
Old August 29th, 2022, 12:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This Worked For Me !! Thank you so much !!

Originally Posted by Carl K
Hi all! I had this problem as well with my iPhone 7 starting in September. I kept getting that darn “no music files” message when plugged into USB and when not plugged in, I had to keep resetting my Bluetooth connection. I took my 2015 Equinox to my dealership and the tech’s phone worked, so he just shrugged it off. After messing around with it over the past two days (resetting phone, vehicle settings, downloading new songs, etc with no luck) I got my USB and Bluetooth working again by going to Config: Radio Settings: software versions menu: clear and reset radio. After the reset, everything is working again and my radio presets weren’t erased! I hope this helps someone. Cheers!
THIS WORKED FOR ME ! thank you so much !!
The following users liked this post:
markni12301 (September 2nd, 2022)
Old February 17th, 2023, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default Found the fix!

Originally Posted by barelyjake
I drive a 2017 Chevrolet Equinox and I’ve had no issues with it since I got it about 10 months ago. I always use my phone to play music with Apple Music via a USB cord that plugs into the console. About 3 weeks ago, when I plugged my phone in, a notification popped up on the screen of the car saying “No Music Files Found.” I clicked “Okay” on the screen and the message went away and took me back to XM radio. I’ve tested other cords, which nothing changes with. I’ve tested other phones, which work perfectly with the car. I contacted Apple Support and they had me update my phone, which didn’t work, and then reset my entire phone, which still didn’t work. I can play music from the phone, but if I adjust the volume with the volume ****, go into reverse, or clear the message notification, the music stops and it goes back to XM radio. Two of my friends who also drive Equinoxes (2015 and 2017) said that the same thing has been happening to them. I can’t use the bluetooth music option in my car because I don’t have that feature. I feel like I’ve tried everything, what should I do?
you have to have atleast one song downloaded into your Apple Music library. It fixed it for me!
Old February 17th, 2023, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Martrob
Sounds like it worked for everybody’s but mine! I have the 2014 flavor Equinox... I followed all the steps exactly (twice when it didn’t work the first time), and even shut off the car, opened the door (to make the radio turn off), started it again.... and nada. So weird bc this just started happening yesterday - worked perfectly fine up to then (except the annoyance of every time I try to turn up the volume for anything other than the songs on my phone (Audible app, YouTube, etc), it cuts back to the songs on the phone, which also drives me crazy).
have one song downloaded in your Apple Music library and it’ll work!
Old April 1st, 2023, 6:31 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default you must have apple music

Originally Posted by barelyjake
I drive a 2017 Chevrolet Equinox and I’ve had no issues with it since I got it about 10 months ago. I always use my phone to play music with Apple Music via a USB cord that plugs into the console. About 3 weeks ago, when I plugged my phone in, a notification popped up on the screen of the car saying “No Music Files Found.” I clicked “Okay” on the screen and the message went away and took me back to XM radio. I’ve tested other cords, which nothing changes with. I’ve tested other phones, which work perfectly with the car. I contacted Apple Support and they had me update my phone, which didn’t work, and then reset my entire phone, which still didn’t work. I can play music from the phone, but if I adjust the volume with the volume ****, go into reverse, or clear the message notification, the music stops and it goes back to XM radio. Two of my friends who also drive Equinoxes (2015 and 2017) said that the same thing has been happening to them. I can’t use the bluetooth music option in my car because I don’t have that feature. I feel like I’ve tried everything, what should I do?
it also doesnt work if you have spotify!! i cant make this known enough. all these ppl have apple music hut i tried the reset thing twice and im guessing it doesnt work if you have spotify. hope this helps!!
Old June 8th, 2023, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default This Worked For Me

Found a fix that works for me. Download the Apple Music app to your phone. Go into iTunes and purchase one song from iTunes Store and it will be downloaded to your phone. You will now have a valid music file on your phone and it will prevent the message popping up on your screen. The apple tune you downloaded will be the first to start playing once you connect but then you can toggle to Spotify and it will work normally.
Old June 8th, 2023, 9:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default This Worked For Me

Found a fix that works for me. Download the Apple Music app to your phone. Go into iTunes and purchase one song from iTunes Store and it will be downloaded to your phone. You will now have a valid music file on your phone and it will prevent the message popping up on your screen. The apple tune you downloaded will be the first to start playing once you connect but then you can toggle to Spotify and it will work normally.
Old February 27th, 2024, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

Talking this worked!

thanks so much. resetting the radio seemed to help it a lot to recognize my audio files.