Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

06 Equinox 3.4 fwd Codes P0700 & P0717

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2017, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Equinox 3.4 fwd Codes P0700 & P0717

Hello.
I need some help with these codes. P0700 is the Transmission Control Module and the P0717 is the Speed Control Sensor. I've had this vehicle for a year and have already replaced the 2 front SCS. I went and bought a brand new TCM, put it in, the check engine light shut off, but right away the Traction Control light came on and the car did not want to accelerate. I removed the new TCM and put the old one back in so I can drive the vehicle. Now, what I'm wondering is... does the new TCM need to be programmed, if so, would a shop even reprogram a part I didn't have them install. Also, the new part model number is 24229178 and is ACDELCO OEM. I bought this part from RockAuto.com. The old part has model number 24237066. Which look identical. Should I just get a used one from a junk yard, seeing that would already be programmed??? As far as the SCS I plan on replacing the 2 rear, would it be wise to replace those first before getting a used TCM ?? Anyone who has experienced this issue, your input would be greatly appreciated.