Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

'08 Equinox Sport w/3.6L engine

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2009, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 Equinox Sport w/3.6L engine

'08 Equinox Sport w/3.6L engine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody own one of these? Got anything good or bad to say about it? Some questions:

1.) The 3.6L is a new engine. What kind of track record does it have?

2.) With 250HP, how's the gas mileage? Much different than the 3.4L base engine (17/24)?

3.) The cargo area with the back seats UP is listed as 35 cu. ft. Isn't that smoke and mirrors because half of that space is above the tops of the rear seats (space you really can't use). Is there any way to "cage in" that rear area so that you can safely stack stuff back there?

4.) Aren't these things overpriced? I'm seeing sticker prices for these "SPORT" models around $30k! I know there's a $4250 rebate on right now (plus a $1000 loyalty rebate) for a total rebate of $5250, but isn't something like a Dodge Magnum (wagon) really a better value?
Old January 31st, 2009, 10:03 PM
CF Beginner

Took a look at an '09 today with the 3.4. This engine looked different than my 3.4 in my '02 Impala. I didn't see the infamous "V" seal on the side of the block that leaks like a sieve. Is this a new (redesigned) version of the 3.4l engine?
Old February 28th, 2009, 3:28 PM
CF Beginner

i have the 08 equinox and love it. it gets about 19mpg from a mixed of mountin and small city and town driving. mostly to and from work. i also drive alittle faster then the speed limit most of the time. but i do get stuck behind people going 35-45 on these roads and braking around every corner and down hills which would affect the gas milage.

as far as the 3.6ltr engine its not new. its new to this car but cad uses it in most of their line up. and the suspension is also from them too. it is lowered about 2 inchs from the normal equinox.

and far as space im not to sure. i dont put alot of stuff in mine. its pretty good on room tho. i still wouldnt put a cage in there. and the price is good for the car. the ford flex is priced alot more. overall i like mine and have really no complans on it.

hope this helps.