Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2005 Eqoinox

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2007, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Eqoinox

Well I bought as a used SUV while it was still under factory I purchased the extended warrenty! So glad I did because somehow I have lost my A/C compressor, the spoiler on the top of the tailgate fell off (recall), I had problems when starting it but not that it wouldn't start but that when I turned the key it would keep trying to start even though it was running, they said it was my egnition switch gone bad, my windshield wiper pump, and my engine somehow blew a rod (MYSTERIOUSLY) after a month in the shop we got it back only to have the transmission start slipping & popping out of gear while driving, the tracktion light stays on, engine light on, and I have no drive indicator lights. So they say it is a sensor and that hopefully the transmission has no internal damage????? I dunno!!!!Should we sell or keep????? Jennifer
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 2005 Eqoinox

stick it out.....I know it is a **** deal, but in all honesty, all the equinoxs I have sold in the last say 4 months, have had issues, mostly electrical, Im guessing your tranny slipping is a sensor, and electrical as well, one customer, has gone thru hell and back with hers, all and all she loves it and its comfy, but dont know whats up on the problems, GM actually recalled a bunch before they were even allowed to sell tehm, would not tell us why.

question does it have the Command start option, some of the problems have been traced back to this, also one neede d the Body control module replaced, for dieing on the highway and hard starting, similar to what your describing......

hope this helps a bit....