Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Equinox - So many problems

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2017, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Equinox - So many problems

My 2007 Equinox has had so many problems in the last 6 months. My husband has been fixing them as much as he can but we replaced several parts and the check engine light continued to come on. The codes it was showing had to do with the EVAP system. Finally we took it to a mechanic and they said the canister valve needed to be replaced. In addition to that, my husband replaced the purge valve also. The check engine light was still on even after we got it back from the mechanic after driving it around like they suggested. It also had an issue with the cooling fans going bad, the cylinder heads being warped from the head gasket blowing, which we also replaced. So on top of the EVAP codes, the car was also overheating, causing a lot of damage. We caught that just in time but ever since the mechanics got the check engine light to clear, we have been driving it around like crazy and STILL it hasn't completed a drive cycle so the sensors are showing they are not ready to be tested. My car has been in the shop for over a month and a half and we cannot get the car to pass inspection because the computer/sensors have not reset themselves and we (mechanics, my husband, and myself included) have been driving it and completed drive cycles per instructions for over 2 weeks!

Has anyone else experienced this hideous mess? Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks!