Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2008 Equinox 3.4L Cold Start Missfire

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2017, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Equinox 3.4L Cold Start Missfire

A few days ago I noticed on cold starts (seems to be worse the colder it is outside) that my car misfires and the engine light blinks 5 or so times before the car clears up and the light goes away. This happens every-time I start it now for the first time of the day for the last 3 days.

I did buy this vehicle used a couple years ago. I replaced EGR/EGR Tube, AC Delco Plugs and Wires, and have ran some injector cleaner through it over the last 6 months. All of that was just regular maintenance I was doing to it besides the EGR as I was getting some codes from it due the to entire EGR tube being broke in half.

Anyways, so tonight I decided to take it to a shop to get the codes read. It had 9 codes all of them had to do with the EGR valve other then the engine misfire. Which was code P0301. I was assuming the EGR was throwing the codes at the same time due to the engine actually misfiring, however I could be wrong.

Also completely unrelated, however when I accelerate I hear air going through the coolant system. I have googled and have done research, but after owning this vehicle for the last couple years I have realized that it has a very slow coolant leak. Like very slow, but I'm assuming it's enough to let air get back in the system after I bleed it each time. Any idea on where to look?

Any help on it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by jlw_4049; October 31st, 2017 at 7:18 PM.