Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta
View Poll Results: Please help show Che the extent of the issues across model ye & the need for recalls
Stalling out when idling
100.00%
Exhaust fumes in car
100.00%
Transmission not shifting properly
100.00%
Windshield wipers not functioning
100.00%
Slow windows
100.00%
Engine temp staying low
100.00%
Extremely rusted bottom edges
100.00%
Bad outer window "sweeper strips"
100.00%
Have a 2013 or earlier model?
100.00%
Have a 2014 or later model?
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

2010 LT AWD, so many issues that Google shows are common but no recalls???

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2023, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 LT AWD, so many issues that Google shows are common but no recalls???

Bought used about two months ago and having so many issues since...
-When I start it to warm up while I'm removing frost/ snow it will often stall out. Will also stall or try to stall while backing out of my driveway onto the road or almost immediately after switching from reverse to drive... Once past that point, no further problems until stopped and restarted.-Transmission seems to not respond properly at times, especially shortly after start up or when it's below freezing. Sometimes sluggish, sometimes revs too high before shifting even though it's in "eco mode". I have always preferred manual transmissions (like my last car, an '08 Cobalt, that I had to junk despite a great engine because the frame was rusted away under the front seats!! &#128545, so I know bad shifting when I see/hear/feel it!!
-Smelling strong exhaust fumes on start up and occasionally when idling in park... Getting so strong that I have to roll down widows or open doors (especially worrisome when I have my 2yo grandbaby in the car with me!! Can't convince me that isn't a huge health/ safety issue!!! &#129324
-Somewhat related, next issue driver's-side window very slow going up, the colder it is the worse it is, below freezing constantly stops after about every quarter inch and I have to let go and push button over and over and over, also sometimes having to hold window & pull up gently to help it... The higher the window is, the slightly less problem it seems to have moving.
-Also related, outer sweeper strips on widows absolutely suck as they are constantly freezing tight to the widow which means they are not sealing properly and allowng moisture in between! Never had this issue with my multiple Caravans, my Grand Caravan or my Cobalt, so I know you can DO BETTER Chevy!!
-Temp needle does not ever move to half mark only goes up to one mark below... Does this mean thermostat is stuck open and killing my mileage? Driving very "gently" and only getting 20.5-20.7 avg mpg. My '08 Cobalt was averaging 30-32mpg ☹️
-Windshield wipers just died two days ago out of the blue, were absolutely fine the day before. And no, I cannot move them by hand either. Heard grinding sound immediately on turning ignition key the first day and motor sounds but no movement when trying to turn on wipers The second day no sounds or movement. Rear wiper and both sprayers are fully functional. Replaced fuse today and it didn't help.
-Open the doors and you will see the bottom edges (both sides, but drivers side is way worse) are already rusting completely away... Daughter told me I left some long black plastic piece behind when I left her house the other day 🤦‍♀️ Despite finding all of these as commonly known issues with this model across about a decade's worth of model years when I Googled each of them, neither KBB or NHTSA found any recalls whatsoever for any of them on my vehicle when I checked using my VIN... My sons were (& are) still getting new recall notices on their old '04 Grand Prixs that haven't even been in production in a very long time (they finally had to junk them because the undersides were just too rusted to trust anymore, but we still get the notices!!)... Chevrolet should definitely be doing a much better job of supporting their, still in production, much newer vehicles with these well known issues that are common across over a decade of model years!! So, so very disappointed!!!

Going to try the Poll feature and see if we can get any numbers together on how many people have had these issues (new here and not sure if it will allow people to select multiple options, so sorry in advance if it doesn't!)

​​​​​​Anyone know of any place to contact regarding all of this?? Thx!