Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2011 Equinox... transmission??

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2018, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Equinox... transmission??

Ok so I bought this back in march it has 124,000 miles. I noticed about 2 months ago it shifted hard in 2nd and in 4th gear when accelerating and when down shifting it hit hard in 3rd gear. Took it and had it put on a computer at the dealership and nothing came back. Well last week when I would accelerate it would whine I'd let off the gas and it would stop. It has done it twice until today. Today it done it and I smelt something burning so I stopped(i was on a back road) and put it in park to see if i seen smoke which i did not. So i put it back in drive and it wouldn't go. I then turned it off and then crank it back and it went about another mile and wouldn't accelerate again. So I stopped again done the same thing by turning it off and when I started it again it started rough and I left it in park and revved the motor some and it shook my whole car. I then put it in reverse to back up and it wouldn't go. So I put it in drive and my rpms would go up but my car would not go. So...did my transmission just die on me? Oh and no lights of any kind came on during all of this either.
Old July 30th, 2018, 12:51 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

It sounds like you have one or more brake calipers seized up. This wouldn't cause any warning lights/messages to appear, and could cause everything else you described.