Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2012 chev equinox

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2016, 11:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2012 chev equinox

well got the news that the timing chain destroyed the whole engine on our 2012 with 72000 miles and warranty ended last month. So we now have to have a new engine put in 4200 dollars and chev will not help with any of it. Very upset that there are so many complaints on this timing chain having problems and they are doing nothing. This is the first newer car we have bought and after just a year and a half of owning this happens . Never again will I ever buy a chev. very upset!
Old November 16th, 2016, 5:06 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by cindy77L
well got the news that the timing chain destroyed the whole engine on our 2012 with 72000 miles and warranty ended last month. So we now have to have a new engine put in 4200 dollars and chev will not help with any of it. Very upset that there are so many complaints on this timing chain having problems and they are doing nothing. This is the first newer car we have bought and after just a year and a half of owning this happens . Never again will I ever buy a chev. very upset!
Did you ever contact Chevrolet customer service? (1-800-222-1020; Mon-Sat, 8 a.m. - 9:00 p.m EST)

I have a hard time believing they won't cover anything with it being only one month out of warranty. In the past they have at least offered to cover part of the repair costs in other cases with a similar scenario.
Old November 16th, 2016, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have contacted everyone including the place we bought it! No help