Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2013 Brake Pulsation - Requesting Rotor Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2016, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Brake Pulsation - Requesting Rotor Recommendations

Hello,

Our '13 2LT has 45K on it and the brakes have been pulsating for some time already. I was originally thinking of just having the rotors resurfaced and maybe installing new pads. I've since been reconsidering that option as the rotors are obviously slightly warped already so cutting them will only make them thinner and more likely to warp sooner than they already have.

Can anybody recommend a quality set of rotors for our Equinox? I am always a stickler for OEM parts but I don't want to be replacing rotors on a regular basis if the factory ones warped relatively early. We do not tow or live in hilly areas. The car is used as a daily driver on highway and country roads so no extreme braking is done.

I'm starting to think of going with a premium, cross-drilled rotor, etc. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
John
Old August 18th, 2016, 3:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an UplandER and an impala, the best thing DO NOT get the GM rotors get aftermarket and the headache disappears
Old August 24th, 2016, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my wife's 06 Equinox all the front brake issues were solved when I installed premium rotors and brake pads from NAPA. Truing the rotors only lasted a couple of hundred miles, waste of time. I suspect any decent rotor and matching pads will work.
Old September 13th, 2016, 1:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After fixing the brake problems at the rear,and the broken suspension parts in front, only had that front pulsation so I checked the brakes again and the pads looked almost new. I called around for rotors, because resurfacing is a waste, the problem returns very quickly. All the rotors were about $100 each, so I went to the local salvage yard, they had a set from a 2013 with 4000 km, $40 . Getting those old rotors off was a chore, I eventually got out the axe, because it had the mass to break them free. Boy it was nice to drive with those new rotors and $40 for almost brand new rotors was a good deal. So check out your salvage yard, being green never made me happier.