Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2014 Equinox Alarm/Lock Issue

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2020, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Equinox Alarm/Lock Issue

Good afternoon, I am hoping that somebody can help with a bit of a strange issue I just found with my 2014 Equinox. I just ran into the store and locked my car, when I came out I had forgotten that I locked the doors and opened my front, driver's side door. It opened right up and the alarm starting beeping. Thinking I pressed the wrong button, I locked the car again and it beeped signifying that it was locked. The front, driver's side door opened right up with the alarm beeping again. I locked the car again and tried the other three doors, which did not open so the issue only appears with the front, driver's side door. This is happening when I lock using the button inside the door and when I use the key fob. The only difference I can notice is that the manual door lock that pops up and down as you lock and unlock does not seem to be moving like the other three doors. Has anybody encountered this before and if so, is this a software issue or setting that I can fix or is it a hardware issue that I will need to have a dealership fix?

Thank you in advance!
Old April 30th, 2020, 5:53 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Fitz Antiques
Good afternoon, I am hoping that somebody can help with a bit of a strange issue I just found with my 2014 Equinox. I just ran into the store and locked my car, when I came out I had forgotten that I locked the doors and opened my front, driver's side door. It opened right up and the alarm starting beeping. Thinking I pressed the wrong button, I locked the car again and it beeped signifying that it was locked. The front, driver's side door opened right up with the alarm beeping again. I locked the car again and tried the other three doors, which did not open so the issue only appears with the front, driver's side door. This is happening when I lock using the button inside the door and when I use the key fob. The only difference I can notice is that the manual door lock that pops up and down as you lock and unlock does not seem to be moving like the other three doors. Has anybody encountered this before and if so, is this a software issue or setting that I can fix or is it a hardware issue that I will need to have a dealership fix?

Thank you in advance!
Try putting the key in the ignition, sometimes if you lock the car with the fob it dosen't like unlocking with the key, and vise versa.