Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2016 Equinox climate control problem

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2016, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Equinox climate control problem

When I first got this car I drove it to florida. When We reached Georgia it was warm enough for Us to turn off the heat. I wanted to let fresh air in the car so I turned the recycle air button to off and We had the temp turned to about 70 and continued our trip. About an hour later the temp of the air started cycling from a temp of 75 for a couple of minutes and then dive to 42 degrees. It then repeated this cycle all the way to Florida and we turned the a/c on. When we left florida with auto turned off it was not cycling the temp and did not do it again until late May and then started doing it again. It does it occasionally now. If it is raining it does it more often. I am curious if anyone else has found their cars doing this? I like having fresh air blowing on Me thru the dash vents if its not too hot outside but it appears that You cant do this with this car. Its been to the dealer 3 times and the dealership agrees with Me that the car should not do this and they have had a tech in the car who verified the vehicle temp goes from 82 then swings down to a temp in the low 40's and keeps repeating this . But Gm says the cars are designed to do this. I have been driving Gm cars for better than 30 years and I have never had one that You could not turn the Auto temp off and just open the vents and get whatever the outside air temp is to come in the car. Thanks Guys. By the way if You have had one of these that do this and fixed it please tell Me so I can fix mine