Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2016 Equinox radio resetting

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2023, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 Equinox radio resetting

Hey all,

I recently picked up a 2016 chevy equinox, but I've been having some issues with the radio consistently freezing and restarting. There is never any error message that I can see, but everytime I'm driving, the screen itself will freeze and I will be unable to adjust the volume, change stations, songs etc and if I'm using bluetooth for music, it will skip and repeat the same split second of music over and over for about 5 minutes until it shuts down and resets, or until I turn the car off and open the door to force it to turn off.

Does anyone know what's going on with this? I'm not sure if it's an electrical problem or a radio problem or even a chevy mylink problem. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
The following users liked this post:
guapos70 (October 13th, 2023)
Old October 13th, 2023, 7:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I just bought the same vehicle ( Chevy Equinox lt 2016) and with the same issue, the old owner took it to the dealer for a software update, but they said NO update needed. the problem is the radio it's shorted out.
Still with the same problem...I'm thinking on buy an used one online.
If someone resolved this problem before please let us know.