Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2019 Equinox Catalytic Converter Anti Theft

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2022, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Equinox Catalytic Converter Anti Theft

I have a 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT and with the uptick in stolen catalytic converters I was wondering if anyone has installed either a alarm, shield or cage on their Equinox? If yes, what device did you use and how was it installed? I am no mechanic but was curious if a local Chevy dealership would be able to install this or a local mechanic. Any help will be great!
Old August 8th, 2022, 5:26 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by quinnipiac1
I have a 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT and with the uptick in stolen catalytic converters I was wondering if anyone has installed either a alarm, shield or cage on their Equinox? If yes, what device did you use and how was it installed? I am no mechanic but was curious if a local Chevy dealership would be able to install this or a local mechanic. Any help will be great!
I wouldn't worry about it. The newer GM products (including your 2019 Equinox) don't have much for low hanging fruit with regard to catalytic converters. Most are up front near the engine compartment and would be fairly difficult to steal without getting caught.