Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Another Equinox with exhaust smell in cab

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2020, 6:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Equinox with exhaust smell in cab

Was just wondering if anyone can help me. I’ve saw a few posts about this but no solutions yet. I had recall work done with my 2013 equinox for oil consumption which involved some extensive work including a new manifold and now have the smell of exhaust coming through the vents when idling. We have brought it to the dealership several times and they can’t seem to find the problem. We even had a whole new exhaust system put in. Anything you can tell us would be awesome so we can figure out next step. They are tired of seeing us. Thank you. Jason
Old November 27th, 2020, 6:50 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Cptainmorgan
Was just wondering if anyone can help me. I’ve saw a few posts about this but no solutions yet. I had recall work done with my 2013 equinox for oil consumption which involved some extensive work including a new manifold and now have the smell of exhaust coming through the vents when idling. We have brought it to the dealership several times and they can’t seem to find the problem. We even had a whole new exhaust system put in. Anything you can tell us would be awesome so we can figure out next step. They are tired of seeing us. Thank you. Jason
The dealer would quit being tired of seeing you when they fix the issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by kevinkpk:
Cptainmorgan (November 27th, 2020), Equinox 2010 never again (March 13th, 2023)
Old January 30th, 2023, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Chevy Equinox - cabin exhaust

I have replace the muffler, intake manifold and valve cover gasket and still have exhaust I'm the cabin. The exhaust only happens when the vents are taking air from the outside, when I select the air to circulate on the inside I don't smell anything. I smell it also when in defrost mode. Has anyone found a fix for this because I'm tired of putting money into this suv.
The following users liked this post:
Equinox 2010 never again (March 13th, 2023)