Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

change battery no start no crank

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2014, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change battery no start no crank

I have a 2008 equinox sport disconnect battery for 2 hrs no nothing no crank no start all different lights on dash stability track air bag engine service soon . Any ideas
Old June 18th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey oneswtrx,

I’m really sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your Equinox and can see how it would be frustrating. It looks like you are turning to the forum for some feedback on how to solve the issue. Have you considered contacting the dealership about this concern? Please shoot me a message if you would like to discuss this further.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 19th, 2014, 8:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have these other problems - Is the key stuck in ignition, can't open/close windows, door locks not working, can't open rear tail gate, etc?
Old June 20th, 2014, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default now starts ground computer

i took it to the dealer and they told me that the ecu and fuse block was no good . but they also told me if I ground the ecu the car runs .and sure enough I did just that and its perfect now . got charged 500$ for them to tell me that . now how do I fix this ground issue
Old June 21st, 2014, 7:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Ouch - I had a very similar experience but mine was the Body Control Module (BCM). I told Chevy it was bad and they charged me 4 hours labor ($450) to verify this because it was "throwing a lot of error codes" (ya right, the data bus was down due to the BCU).
Chevy should have included an estimate to fix it - I think they are the only ones that can replace the ECU, program it, and get the data bus working. Maybe you can find a 'Chevy Expert' in your area that can do it.
I think grounding the ECU puts it in 'limp home' mode - fuel economy will be poor and I don't know what the long term effect is. Might be OK around town for awhile.
How did you ground the ECU? - Just curious.
Old June 21st, 2014, 7:52 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Connect a wire between the metal chassis of the ECM and a good grounding point on the vehicle (such as the strut tower).
Old June 22nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Thank-you - So it's just grounding the ECU frame. If so, disregard the 'limp home mode' I suggested on a previous post. If grounding the ECU frame works and fuel economy is acceptable (not too rich nor piston ping), I'd just make sure the ground was solidly attached and live with it while watching for additional issues.
Old June 22nd, 2014, 8:42 PM
CF Beginner

So far so good drives even better . Thanks everyone for ur input . I grounded to strut tower and no issues at all . I will eventually fix it at a later I need to find chevy expert in the nyc area . If anybody knows of one can u please let me know thanks
Old August 21st, 2014, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Me too

Originally Posted by tomwalt
Do you have these other problems - Is the key stuck in ignition, can't open/close windows, door locks not working, can't open rear tail gate, etc?
I have the symptoms listed after a dead battery. New to is 07. Key stuck in ignition, nothing lights up except the check engine light. No door locks either. Jumped to charge and still the same. How do I get it functioning again?
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old August 21st, 2014, 3:21 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

akcalvery welcome to the forum...
you might check for a mega fuse between the battery and the main fuse box..
also make sure the connections are solid and clean...

Quick Reply: change battery no start no crank