Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

equinox 2007 headlights out

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2011, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default equinox 2007 headlights out

2007 equniox low beam head lights just stopped working but when i pushed the high beam lever the high beams
came on but only if i held it low beams would still not work if i let go of the lever when i got home and restarted the car the lights worked like they should 38000 miles
i need some help if anybody knows a fix or that the problem might be
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

was the system in the auto lamp control positon or manually on?
Old December 30th, 2011, 5:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> It may be time to replace your headlights. Low beams and high beams are usually a different bulb or a different filament in the headlight. The low beams tend to burn out first, because they are used more. This is just a suggestion to consider, not a diagnosis. You may want to consider taking the vehicle in for an inspection.

Please keep us posted.

Have a great day!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 31st, 2011, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

i have already replaced them twice, lights were in auto mode
Old December 31st, 2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Are the low beams out in both daytime running light mode and manual low beam operation or both?

to check the dtl operation make sure its in bright daylight, the car is running, in drive with the e-brake off.
Old December 31st, 2011, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

the headlights seem to work ok after i restarted the car but something caused this, i do not know if this is related but sometimes the wiper lever
does not work unless i push it toward the dashboard
Old January 1st, 2012, 2:13 PM
Super Moderator

are the wiper and headlamp controls all part of one multifunction switch?