Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Equinox issue

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2021, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equinox issue

2015 equinox power reduced
Message and throttle bottle and high pressure fuel pump replaced. Cam position sensor also replaced. Still same issue. Choppy ideal and won't drive over 30 mph. I'm a mechanic and lost. P228d is the code it's showing does anybody have a solution
Old December 17th, 2021, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

High pressure fuel sensor. Check 5v reference and circuit integrity. Did you align the cam lobe properly before installing the pump.
Old March 17th, 2022, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump Failure

Originally Posted by Dlee1m
2015 equinox power reduced
Message and throttle bottle and high pressure fuel pump replaced. Cam position sensor also replaced. Still same issue. Choppy ideal and won't drive over 30 mph. I'm a mechanic and lost. P228d is the code it's showing does anybody have a solution
I am now in a position to have a third (yes - 3) fuel pumps to be replaced in my 2015 Equinox due to faulty fuel pumps being manufactured for this vehicle. Needless to say absolutely no manufacturers assistance and/or any kind of consideration. From some preliminary research I had done, other years I believe were recalled due to this exact issue, however, no recall on the 2015. There definitely has been many complaints on this particular issue, which is serious as it is a safety issue. If you have replaced and expended further money to do so, do not be surprised if you will incur this exact expense again. Furthermore, when you run the diagnostics, many different codes pop up, but at the end of the day, it is the fuel pump.
Old March 17th, 2022, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which pump, high pressure mechanical or lower pressure electrical. I had three low pressure units go out in the past 18 months.