Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

HVAC Control Module

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2016, 7:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Control Module

I recently replaced the factory radio in my 06 Equinox. Since then the hvac control module is no longer functional. I have checked all fuses under hood and in the passenger compartnent and all appear good. I have tried replacing the module but have same result. I am starting to suspect a wiring issue such as a loose coonnection. Looking for wiring diagram for the module including what each point on the connector should test at for voltage to determine which wire is the culprit.

Last edited by randy4billsn3@Yahoo.com; August 21st, 2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old August 21st, 2016, 8:13 AM
CF Monarch

Received 343 Likes on 324 Posts

It is very likely that the problem is near where the radio was installed. Go back in there and look for a loose or disconnected wire or plug. This would be easier and quicker than checking for voltage at the wires. A good eye should find the problem.
Old August 21st, 2016, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried that repeatedly. Have pulled the thing apart several times and unplugged and replugged all connections especially that particluar one since it is a rather unique connection. I have power to all other connections on the center console including the fan which is separate connection. The equipment that I have lost in this particular connection includes everything else on that control module defrost, ac, heat, indicator lights, temperature control etc....basically all dials and buttons orher than fan control. I have tested the connection and have 12V at 4 points on the 26 pin connector and 5V at one other, but not sure if there are other points that should have power.