Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Key fob and remote start issues

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2019, 4:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key fob and remote start issues

I just purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox and since day one I have had problems with my key fobs! It will unlock,lock and the remote start will work then I go to use it a couple hours later and it won’t do anything I then have to put the key in the door and turn key to unlock them once I do that my alarm goes off then the key fob works went back to where I bought my vehicle and they replaced the batteries and it work drove home and within a hour tried it again and nothing someone please help
Old November 16th, 2019, 8:09 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Mom79
I just purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox and since day one I have had problems with my key fobs! It will unlock,lock and the remote start will work then I go to use it a couple hours later and it won’t do anything I then have to put the key in the door and turn key to unlock them once I do that my alarm goes off then the key fob works went back to where I bought my vehicle and they replaced the batteries and it work drove home and within a hour tried it again and nothing someone please help
The key fob on my 2015 Chevy sad been replaced, once due to failure, and once for a spare transponder. I cant speak for a 2013 Equinox but its a simple procedure on my 15' Malibu.

Buy a cheap kit on Amazon, put the old chip in the new one, cut or take the key out, insert it into your new fob, and put them in your new key fob with a new 2023 Li-ion battery and you are good to go. If lost (hopefully you have a spare fob) same deal only you'll need new chip. Insert old key fob into the ignition key, remove, insert new fob . and it it is all re-programmed. .

Last edited by oilcanhenry; November 16th, 2019 at 8:11 AM.