Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Leaking water and I think it's my fault

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2020, 4:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking water and I think it's my fault

My 2006 Equinox is leaking water I'm the front passenger side. I have replaced the heater core, AC HVAC, the blend door, and plus I've made sure the AC drip was free of trash. The only thing I can think of is I have holes in the box that holds everything on the passenger side. Is there anything I can put on it to seal it up?
Old June 28th, 2020, 5:53 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by garridd1972
My 2006 Equinox is leaking water I'm the front passenger side. I have replaced the heater core, AC HVAC, the blend door, and plus I've made sure the AC drip was free of trash. The only thing I can think of is I have holes in the box that holds everything on the passenger side. Is there anything I can put on it to seal it up?
Your A/C drain should allow any water or coolant to drain out of the C/C box. What is liquid leaking out?
Old June 29th, 2020, 3:25 AM
CF Beginner

On the passenger side in the corner I miss and drill some holes in there so now that's where it's leaking. Was doing something stupid watching a video on YouTube trying to fix my blend door. I ended up drilling a hole through the plastic that it holds the AC and heater core and busted the AC.but I did clear out the hose that the water comes 6 of

Last edited by garridd1972; June 29th, 2020 at 3:29 AM.
Old June 29th, 2020, 9:35 PM
CF Monarch

On the passenger side in the corner I miss and drill some holes in there so now that's where it's leaking. Was doing something stupid watching a video on YouTube trying to fix my blend door. I ended up drilling a hole through the plastic that it holds the AC and heater core and busted the AC.but I did clear out the hose that the water comes 6 of
Your entire message did not come through properly. Did you damage the A/C evaporator or the heater core? Is your engine coolant leaking? R-134A A/C refrigerant won't leak as it turns into a gas at normal atmosheric pressures.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; June 29th, 2020 at 9:38 PM.
Old June 29th, 2020, 9:55 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Check the cabin air filter. It might be in dire need of replacement. Normally, this doesn't cause a water leak, but this is easy to check and replace if necessary.
Old June 30th, 2020, 12:11 AM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by ruley73
Check the cabin air filter. It might be in dire need of replacement. Normally, this doesn't cause a water leak, but this is easy to check and replace if necessary.
I suppose that's a possibility, but my 1998 K-1500 Chevy has no such cabin air filter and it's never leaked any water into the cabin. In warm non-rainy weather, I doubt that this is the OP's issue.
Old June 30th, 2020, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

I poked a hole in the box through the AC EVAP. So that's where my leak was coming from, but my cousin came by this morning and help me seal with some proxy and aluminum tape. I do appreciate you guys trying to help though