Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

My '05 Equinox Questions and Concerns

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2009, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My '05 Equinox Questions and Concerns

Just bought a used '05 Equinox, and so far, I like it, but there are a few things I want to do with it. First, it did not come with the keyless remotes. I have looked at some on ebay, and wondered if they can be programmed by a dealer, if I get the correct ones. Also, the CD player does not work, I guess the previous owner thought it was a multiple cd player because I dug two out of it. Can I replace with a 6 CD changer, or go back with the single one? I really would like to install a aftermarket system, but I have read where it will not work, it affects your door chimes, and other problems. One last thing is I am starting to hear a rattle that seems to be coming from around the bottom on the drivers side. I have looked and have not found anything loose, any suggestions on what that might be? On a good smooth road, which is rare here in Louisiana, it doesn't rattle as bad. Anyway just some questions for more experienced owners than I. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Old September 1st, 2009, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Frontend rattle

Am pretty sure the cause of your rattle is worn out front sway bar links. They were for me. You can't always get any movement when they are under load and you try to shake them. Take them off and you will probably see how lose they really are. $60 for the pair at auto parts store. Left and right side are different. If you are a DIY guy, it takes about 1 hour to change them out. Will need allen key to hold the ball ends from turning , and box wrench to take off the retaining nuts. Keep vehicle level to avoid pressure on the sway bar. You can do this just by turning each will in turn to full lock. No need to lift up the vehicle if you don't have ramps.