Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Need advice about dash lights

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2016, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice about dash lights

I have an 07 equinox. We just drove from SC to Illinois and in kentucky my engine light, traction control and stability control lights came on. We have been here for a week and we leave tomorrow for texas. I took it in to autozone and the code that came up was for my EGR valve. My question is,can I make it to texas with it this way until next week when I can have someone look at it without it breaking down on the highway?? Any info is appreciated.
Old April 15th, 2016, 4:45 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Yes, you can make the trip and not worry about anything. Obviously, Stabilitrak will be disabled until you get it fixed, but you probably won't miss it. The EGR valve is just an emissions device. Whether or not it is working won't noticeably affect performance or fuel economy.
Old April 16th, 2016, 1:46 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandie McMasters
I have an 07 equinox. We just drove from SC to Illinois and in kentucky my engine light, traction control and stability control lights came on. We have been here for a week and we leave tomorrow for texas. I took it in to autozone and the code that came up was for my EGR valve. My question is,can I make it to texas with it this way until next week when I can have someone look at it without it breaking down on the highway?? Any info is appreciated.
Hello Brandie,

We apologize for the recent concern involving your Equinox, and we would be happy to assist in the best way possible. Although we may not have the technical expertise to comment on this situation, we can certainly get in touch with your preferred GM dealership to assist as well. Feel free to send us a private message here along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to your message!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care