Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Power Steering and Dashboard Failure

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2021, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering and Dashboard Failure

New member here! I hope I'm posting in the right area because I'm getting desperate... I currently own an 05 Chevy Equinox and am having some trouble.

The power steering went out as well as my gas gage on my dash. The next day the whole car died and battery was completely shot.

I bought a new 3 year battery and reset the dash by unplugging the negative terminal for around 10 minutes and the dashboard functions still do not work. I'm certain my alternator still works as the car was running for almost 30 minutes before I turned it off. I'm at my wits end here because I'm starting to think either the computer, or the processor board located above the battery is going out. All my fuses are intact.

Anyone have any insight? I can't afford another car for a while as I sunk a lot of money into a house repair.

(edit)
I got an alternator test anyways and they said its in good condition. I don't know what else to do.

Last edited by Abw28; June 3rd, 2021 at 7:19 PM.
Old June 4th, 2021, 1:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

find the fuse box and check for a large inline fuse off the power cable...check for power on both sides of the fuse.
I can see it in your pic...under the plastic cover with the red x
The following users liked this post:
Abw28 (June 4th, 2021)
Old June 4th, 2021, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
find the fuse box and check for a large inline fuse off the power cable...check for power on both sides of the fuse.
I can see it in your pic...under the plastic cover with the red x
I will be sure to check that and see if it works. I'm about to get a multimeter and triple check some of the fuses as well.