Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Service battery charging system

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2022, 5:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service battery charging system

Service battery charging system is on the display and then it flashed a/c shutting off due to engine overheating. Took out thermostat to open flow and same thing also took off pressure side of water hose and it is pumping water fine. The temp gauge does not move but it isn't low on water. Battery and alternator test fine. Service battery charging system has been showing for a while with no results on searching for source. Now this. Any help would be great please. I'm lost and can't afford a shop it's my mother's vehicle and it's needed for work. Please and thank you .
Old December 4th, 2022, 7:50 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaRiegel4
Service battery charging system is on the display and then it flashed a/c shutting off due to engine overheating. Took out thermostat to open flow and same thing also took off pressure side of water hose and it is pumping water fine. The temp gauge does not move but it isn't low on water. Battery and alternator test fine. Service battery charging system has been showing for a while with no results on searching for source. Now this. Any help would be great please. I'm lost and can't afford a shop it's my mother's vehicle and it's needed for work. Please and thank you .
What year/make/model vehicle is this and which engine does it have? It's hard to give any advice without this information.