Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Equinox (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/)
-   -   Stabilitrak Off Message + lost Power stearing (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equinox-23/stabilitrak-off-message-lost-power-stearing-23372/)

cmcjls12 May 31st, 2009 11:47 AM

Stabilitrak Off Message + lost Power stearing

Got a boost last night cause the battery was dead and not I have lost my powerstearing and I get DIC "Stabilitrak Off" and "Service Stabilitrak" messages.

Anyone have any clue? Could this be a fuse or a relay?

2007 Equinox 37000 miles

cmcjls12 May 31st, 2009 1:38 PM

Never mind I figured it out, it was the Mega fuse 80 amp in the fuse box.

in2pro May 31st, 2009 1:57 PM

Welcome to the forum and thanks for following up on your question with the fix.
That is what makes the forum work best is when someone follows up with what works!

bdrums83 July 7th, 2009 4:48 PM

I have an '08 Equinox, I tried to jump someone last night and now my stabilitrak light is on as well. You said the Mega 80 amp fuse, do you happen to have a number on that one? I'm guessing that is what happened, but I'd like to avoid checking all the fuses or having to bring it in for service (especially since jumping someone isn't covered under warranty....)

mansecure October 7th, 2009 11:06 PM

where is the 80amp fuse located

Equinox Owner February 4th, 2010 10:39 AM

80 Amp Mega Fuse

The 80 Amp Mega fuse is located under the hood compartment of your vehicle and it is number 63 block. I do have the 80 Amp Fuse if anyone needs one, I had to purchase several from company to get since dealership could not get it and did nothing to find out how to acquire one from outside of area.

JasonfromMinnesota December 25th, 2010 10:48 PM

I have a 2008 Equinox LT AWD and I am getting a message "Service Stabilitrack" in my dash and my check engine light is on. I have check all the fuses under the hood above the battery all of them are good. I don’t notice any lack of performance during driving but my remote start no longer works. Any help or clues to solve this would be appreciated.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

London024 December 27th, 2010 3:01 PM

I had the same problem. I went out to my car one day and the battery was dead. After getting a jump, the "service stabilitrak" came on the DIC. After reading this post, we took the fuse to get a replacement. No luck. Dealer only. So my dad put the same fuse back on. Now the car wont start. Engine cranks just fine. But wont start? PLEASE HELP!

JasonfromMinnesota December 29th, 2010 4:47 PM

Service Stabilitrak 2008 Equinox LT

So I am going to try disconnecting my battery for two hours and then see the error still appears I am just guessing at this point. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

chvy07hky January 7th, 2011 10:00 AM

I have an 2007 equinox - still to this day cannot work with the "tire pressure system" - I have tried multiple times to follow the directions in the maunal without success. Even when I call the dealer (25 mi. away), they say, "oh you'll have to bring it in so we can re-set it for you" - PLEASE HELP - there has to be a better way for me to mannage tire pressure in this vechicle??!! Also in cold weather, the tire pressure lights come on simply because the car is cold - so I am told. Any help out there?? Thanks