Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Starting Problems

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2022, 9:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Starting Problems

Hi, I have a 2018 Equinox LT 2.0 and the other day I stopped at a light and the auto stop start kicked in as normal. The light changed and I took my foot off of the brake and the car did not start back up. Tried everything. Had to tow car to the shop. Car was at the shop for 3 days because they were busy. They finally got to look at it and called me and said there is no problem with the car. They checked battery, alternator, starter, etc and said all are good. The car started right up for them. My batter is new only a year old. I have been driving the car and it seems fine. I am worried that it will happen again. What could it be? I was thinking of replacing the starter to be safe. I dont want to get stuck again. Thank you
Old December 7th, 2022, 7:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 204 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by WilliamJohn
If you've been pushing on the brake pedals without the engine running, it could be exhausting the reserve vacuum present in the car when it's off. This will cause your brake pedal to go stiff.
Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with his question.
The following users liked this post:
oilcanhenry (December 9th, 2022)