Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Sunroof will not vent or close flush to roof

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2018, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof will not vent or close flush to roof

Hello,

Back story: I own a 2009 Chevrolet Equinox, my sunroof was closed accidentally on a stuffed animal of some sort, and when I retracted the sunroof to free the stuffed animal, I heard some grinding sounds.

The sunroof will move forward and backward under the roof, but will not raise to become flush or enter the vent position (angled above the roof). I suspect there is something wrong with the Cam brackets, as it seems to be only the lifting feature that is affected. The grinding sound is still heard if the sunroof is moved forward or backward.

Has anyone experienced this same problem? Can the sunroof glass still be detached if I cant put it in the vent position? I want to see if I can pinpoint where the problem is and if I can fix it without paying the dealership to potentially replace the whole assembly. I am bringing the car to the dealership in 2 days for an inspection to help find the problem as well.

Thanks.