Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Throttle body

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2013, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told that the throttle itself is fine, it is the throttle position sensor that has gone bad. Since that has to come as a part of the throttle body, you will have to replace the whole thing.
In reguards to the aftermarket part, the dealer that has my car does not put aftermarket parts on cars. Even if it is made to OEM specs. I am ok with that only because they are paying for the rental. I drive almost two hundred miles a day.... it is nice to put the miles on someone elses car for once.
Old February 12th, 2013, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Got a call yesterday that the part had come in and that my car was ready to go! I was very skeptical due to the fact they didn't have the part last week (and that I have a 2,000 mile trip that I would have had to take in the dealer's car) so I called GM and the district representative said that last week they were having trouble with their supplier and that it was a redesigned part.

Here's to hoping this fixed the problem!!
Old February 12th, 2013, 9:33 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Are you guys having issues with the 2.4L four cylinder or the 3.0L six cylinder engine? It would be helpful to other readers if you would post this information.

Last edited by ruley73; February 13th, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old February 13th, 2013, 6:00 AM
CF Beginner

Mine is the 2.4L. I also got a call that my car was ready for pickup. Nice when you can turn 8 weeks into 2 weeks. Now lets just hope it is fixed!!!
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:50 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

I was having issues with my 2009 Suburban Z71 such as stabilitrak off, engine power reduced. GOD really blessed me with resolving this issue. I disconnected the plastic tubing (air flow tube) from throttle body (be very careful of electronic connections), manually opened the actual throttle body circular plate and cleaned throttle body. I wrapped one shop towelettes on my index finger using water and diluted dish detergent (very small amount of liquid - be very very careful not to get water into your throttle body) and manually wiped around the inner walls off the throttle body including throttle circular plate and circular plate hinge. My throttle body was very dirty (gunk/gas cake) causing my throttle plate not to open properly. GOD blessed and my vehicle has been running great since thanks to the grace of GOD. I'm not a mechanic but I work on my own vehicles and this worked for me. My hope is maybe this could be a blessing to someone else
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:05 AM
New User

I was having issues with my 2009 Suburban- stabilitrak off and engine power reduced. GOD really blessed me in resolving this issue. I disconnected plastic air flow tubing from throttle body and manually cleaned the inner throttle body. I wrapped one lent free shop towel and Avery small amount of water and diluted dish detergent and manually opened the circular throttle plate and cleaned the inner throttle body walls, circular throttle plate, and circular throttle plate hinge (be very very carful not to spill any water into the actual throttle body and also very careful of electronic connections) thanks be to GOD my problem was resolved. GOD really blessed in helping me resolve this issue. I'm not a mechanic but I do work on my own vehicles. My hope is maybe this can be a blessing to someone else
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:10 AM
New User

My throttle body had a lot of build up (gunk/gas cake residue) which was causing my throttle body plate not to work (open) properly.
Old February 13th, 2014, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Question: My friend has a 2011 with the same problem. The dealership says that they will repair/replace the throttle body under warranty, but that she needs to pay $245 for the valves to be cleaned. Sounds like BS to me. Any thoughts?
Old February 13th, 2014, 1:47 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum..

I have not heard of valve cleaning before... using good fuel and maybe a fuel additive once in a while would give the same results ...I am not the expert but i'm thinking BS without more detail....
Old February 20th, 2015, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum..

I have not heard of valve cleaning before... using good fuel and maybe a fuel additive once in a while would give the same results ...I am not the expert but i'm thinking BS without more detail....
the valve cleaning is due to the Direct Injection engine...no fuel flows over the intake valve like the older engines, sort of washing the valve. some oil mist from the PVC system gets entered through the throttle body, and this builds up on the valve...after cleaning, the oil/filter must be changed, so im assuming that's included in that cost..you can find more info about it on the Camaro forums...google "Catch Cans for DI engines"
the catch can collects a good bit of the oil mist...

Quick Reply: Throttle body