Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Throttle Body Issue

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2013, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Issue

While riding my car this past weekend a light came on showing "reduced engine power" I was driving 40 mph and my car within seconds reduced it speed to barely moving. Also a stabilitrak light came on. My car is a 3.0, 6 cyl and is a 2011. I had to have it towed to the dealer.

I was told that it is a throttle body issue. I am so confused as to why this is happening in a car that is fairly new. It seems there have been other issues with this part and I am trying to find out if this is a defective part issue.

First of all this is a very scary thing to happen while driving, I do not understand how this is a safety feature for the engine, when it can cause a crash by slowing so fast.

Secondly, I really like my car, and am hoping that this is not the start of things happening. My car is "too young" for something to happen this soon.

Anyone else with the same issue. Why is this not covered?? Is this a defective part? JMH
Old March 11th, 2013, 8:42 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jmh26
While riding my car this past weekend a light came on showing "reduced engine power" I was driving 40 mph and my car within seconds reduced it speed to barely moving. Also a stabilitrak light came on. My car is a 3.0, 6 cyl and is a 2011. I had to have it towed to the dealer.

I was told that it is a throttle body issue. I am so confused as to why this is happening in a car that is fairly new. It seems there have been other issues with this part and I am trying to find out if this is a defective part issue.

First of all this is a very scary thing to happen while driving, I do not understand how this is a safety feature for the engine, when it can cause a crash by slowing so fast.

Secondly, I really like my car, and am hoping that this is not the start of things happening. My car is "too young" for something to happen this soon.

Anyone else with the same issue. Why is this not covered?? Is this a defective part? JMH
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jmh26,

I’m sorry you experienced this issue with your vehicle. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Would you please PM me your information, so I may proceed?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service