Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Winding up noise only when I am driving under 20 mph

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2021, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winding up noise only when I am driving under 20 mph

Hello everyone. I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox and I started hearing a noise the other day. I was driving slowly around a parking lot and my car sounded like it was winding up. So I turned down the radio and drove around town. There is no noise when I'm in park or if I'm stopped at a light but as soon as I give it some gas or just coasting along it will make a winding up noise until I reach a speed of about 25 mph and then the car will shift gears and I can't hear the noise. I have no clue to where I would even begin. When I describe the noise to people they don't understand what I mean by it winding up. They think whinning but that's not the sound it's making. It just sounds like it's trying to wind up all the way but doesn't and it will wind down when I apply the brake and then the noise is gone as soon as I'm at a stop and then start to wind up as soon as I give it gas. My friend says it sounds like a cat that's mad and growling before it attacks LOL. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 25th, 2021, 5:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 268 Likes on 233 Posts

Try to post a video (or link a video) if you can.

Is there a delayed throttle response? As in, you press on the gas pedal but the car seems to take a few seconds before it “catches up” to the expected speed?